Monday, October 17, 2005

Sober Second Thoughts

You know, sometimes you feel like you are totally out of control of your own destiny, and realize "HOLY SHIT.... I'm just a mere flatulence in the bumhole of life." Or something like that. I have had a hell of a couple of weeks on the home front that have shaken me up a bit, and made me realize just that.

Last week, one of my best buddies lost his little brother. He was only 19. Nineteen! Not only was I totally stricken with grief, and sorrow for their whole family; It made me really see how lucky I am, at 25 26 just to be walking on this crusty lil planet. He had just finished highschool, didn't get to see college or start a family, anything of that sort. It hit me hard.

And today, I almost got hit hard myself. On the way home from Niagara, I was making my turn onto Scott Street when I hear loud screeching behind me. While completing my turn I see a ford truck skidding across the highway, do a 360, and flip into the ditch.

(Now for those wondering how that gentleman is, as far as I know he's okay, just a few cuts and a little shock. He climbed out of the truck and walked around on his own.)

But I thought about it a little bit when I got over the shock of watching that happen. Obviously he wasn't paying attention and had I hesititated at all at that intersection or had there been oncoming traffic, I would have been hit hard for sure (Hwy #3 is 80km/h there and thats always well exceeded there) and would have been in the hospital or worse. So! Let's just say the Big JC must be looking out for me, because that could have well been my last minute, or more likely, my last minute of being able to totally use my body.

So if you are breathing and walking around today, and if you are able to use everything correctly and without pain and suffering (real pain - not some bitchy "ooh my muscles are sore" or "fuck what a hangover") then remember that it could change in a minute. Thank the deity of your choice!

Had to get that out. Roby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home